- BACP Certificate of Registration, Registrant on BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- CPCAB LEVEL 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (QCF)
- CPCAB - CST-L3
- CPCAB (Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body) CSK-L2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Hull Safeguarding Children’s Board: Safeguarding Children, A shared responsibility (L1) Awareness, Recognition & Responses
- CASY Training: Safeguarding Children & Young People Certificate
- Working with Children Certificate
- The Ellesmere Centre for Psychotherapy & Training: Introduction to Autistic Spectrum Disorders Certificate
- NHS Introduction to Information Governance Assessment
- Enhanced DRB Certificate Number 001560196455, update service id is C8 363879621
- Child Psychology, Registered with the CMA (Complementary Medical Association) certified by the IANLPC (International Association of NLP & Coaching) and the IAHT (International Alliance of Holistic Therapists
- Exploring Psychology, The Open University
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- Certificate in Social Sciences, The Open University
- Understanding Society, The Open University
- Mental Health Care NHS Training
If you are finding it difficult to cope with life at the moment, I would like to help. Counselling does not have to be something you are ashamed of, but rather that you are proud of, because you want to lead a happier life. The key to healing is talking about it, I ensure all my clients find me client-centred, approachable and plain speaking; a realistic person who deeply values my client’s well-being.
I began my journey to become a counsellor whilst studying psychology with the Open University back in 2004. I qualified as a counsellor in 2012 and five years on I still passionately believe in the power of psychological change. I have accrued more than one thousand one-to-one client hours and applied for BACP Accreditation. My clients find me authentic, realistic, non-judgemental, empathic and approachable.
Prior to qualification I have previously worked in supportive roles in the community, in mental health units and the prison service. I also provide private mentoring to individuals and contractual counselling work for two charities and a community interest company which I enjoy immensely.
I undertake monthly supervision plus regular, continual and professional development and training. I regularly liaise with other agencies and companies to further my knowledge of other mental health services and keep confidential records in my role as a counsellor in line with data protection.
The profession of counselling regulated on a voluntary basis, feel assured I am a fully trained, regulated counsellor and a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). I fully adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework for Counselling Professionals I am a member of the BACP Register that is accredited by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.